BSidesTLV 2023 Call for Papers
Our CFP Review board
Our amazing CFP Review board members can be found here. This year, we will be employing a “Double Blind” review process! This means the reviewers won’t be able to see any personal details of the submitters, and submitters will be able to receive anonymized feedback on their submissions.
When: Thursday, June 29 , 2023
The 2023 edition of Security BSides in Israel, BSidesTLV 2023, is returning during Tel Aviv University’s Cyber Week (June 25th - June 29th, 2023).
BSidesTLV will take place on Thursday, June 29th, 2023, from 10:00 am until 19:00 pm, and (depending on COVID) might even be followed by our traditional after-party.
Where: Tel Aviv University, Smolartz auditorium, Israel
Who should apply?
BSidesTLV is a hands-on, community-organized hacking and security research event. This is the chance for you to share knowledge, ideas, and failures and demonstrate what you’ve been up to! We encourage talk submissions by both newbies and veterans from people passionate about security in all walks of life. If we don’t know who you are, or if you’ve never spoken on stage before - we want you, so go ahead and submit a talk!
If you never gave a public talk before, or even if you just feel like you need some support - this year we will be able to offer mentorship by members of our review board and BSidesTLV team, if your talk was accepted, feel free to ask for mentoship by emailing [email protected]
Available speaking slots:
- 45min - Deep-dive, technical talk
- 25min - Regular talks
- 10min - Lightning talks
The 45min and 25min slots include 5min for Q&A, so please take that under consideration when creating your talk. The 10min slot depends on a minimum number of Lightning Talk applicants.
Topics we would like to hear about:
- Network Security & Wireless Networks
- Hardware Hacking & Embedded Systems
- Mobile and Portable Devices
- Radio Hacking: SDR and RF, GSM, NFC, etc.
- [Web] Application Security
- Containers and Virtualization
- Vulnerability Research & Disclosure
- Hack The Human & Social Engineering
- Live DEMO of something awesome
- Anything else Hacking related - try us!
Important BSidesTLV 2023 dates:
- February 15th, 2023 - CFP opens
- May 1st, 2023 - CFP closes
- May 10th, 2023 - Accepted talks notified
- June 1st, 2023 - Agenda announced to the public with final talk title & abstract
- June 15th, 2023 - Presentation/slides due for review
- June 29th, 2023 - Speakers' dinner (in the event of a physical-presence conference)
- June 30th, 2023 - BSidesTLV and after-party (in the event of a physical-presence conference)!
Why you should speak at BSidesTLV 2023
You’ll win the audience’s admiration and a chance to (hopefully) visit Tel Aviv and be a part of Cyber Week, This annual event brings over 8000 international guests from 60 countries to Tel Aviv. Pending COVID-19 solutions, of course.
- A stage to present your topic, in English, to an audience of nearly a thousand passionate individuals.
- Unique, limited edition speaker T-shirt and speaker gifts. In the event of a virtual conference, they will be mailed to you.
- Speakers dinner on the night before the event (in the event of a physical-presence conference.)
- Guaranteed entry to the after-party (in the event of a physical-presence conference.).
s a community-focused, free and non-profit event, we usually do not cover flights or offer honorariums to our speakers, but in special cases, we might be able to provide some assistance for overseas speakers (lightning talks excluded). So don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. If you are traveling from abroad, we hope you’ll enjoy the chance to visit sunny Tel Aviv and connect with our amazing local security community. We promise to make it fun, safe, educational, and worth your while!
Our Code of Conduct:
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are required to agree with the following code of conduct.
Our Code Of Conduct can be found here